Tuesday, February 19, 2013

unwritten rules about being Guatemalan


So here are the unwritten rules about being Guatemalan
  • You always have to respect your family members or you parent’s friends or anyone that comes inside your household.
  • Always be kind to strangers (this is something I could never do when I was little because I was too shy).
  • Never tell your family that you like somebody that is a different race or else your parents will send you to Guatemala for a year (my brother learned that the hard way).
  • Always prove your boy cousins that you are the boss of them (or they will disrespect you).
  • When someone says what race you are show them on the map where Guatemala is so they know that you aren’t actually saying Guadalajara incorrectly.
  • Always eat meat when a family member is cooking it or just tell them that your full (something they will find hard to believe because when you go to their house you have to have an empty stomach).
  • Always speak Spanish when you are speaking to the elderly.
  • Always dance when you are at a party the only excuse you will ever have not to dance is that you are either pregnant or have a broken hip otherwise you have to dance except my pregnant cousin she still dances and I guess that is where her baby got his moves.
  • Well in my weird Guatemalan family every Sunday after church you have to go dirt bike riding.
  • Never take your cousins meat or you will be sorry.
So these are all the crazy unwritten rules I have lived by for years and I have seemed to survived. 

No comments:

Post a Comment