Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Its Good to Have Set Goals

It is a good idea to have set goals because if you achieve those goals then you will feel better about yourself, but if you don't accomplish your goals then you will feel bad. That is why you need to have steps that you will take to get to that goal.

My main goal is to be a better all around baseball player. I plan to do this by spending less time watching TV or playing video games, and spend more time practicing various techniques on fielding and batting.

There are a couple of things that are required when fielding a ball whether it is in the outfield or in the infield. If I am put in the outfield I need to know the proper way to field pop fly. If I am put in the infield I need to know how to field a ground ball,how to dive for a ball, and what to do in different situations.No matter what position I am playing in the field I need to be able to throw far enough and accurately. I will practice these things every day with my dad, my brothers, or by myself. I will practice those skills by throwing a tennis ball at a wall, playing long toss, throwing a ball in the air and catching it, and having my dad or one of my brothers run different plays with me.

There are things that need to be done when I step up to the plate and get ready to bat. The first one is I have to get into a comfortable batting stance. The next step is timing the ball by taking a step towards the pitcher. The final step is pivoting my feet, twisting my hips, and swinging all in one motion. I will practice these steps by going the batting cages, having some one pitch to me, and just swinging the bat to make the motion a habit for every time I swing.

Setting a goal is a good thing to do, but you must put in the effort and follow the steps that will help you achieve that goal. When you finally accomplish it you will feel a lot better about yourself and all of the hard work will have payed off.

Photo Credit

No comments:

Post a Comment